Monday, March 2, 2009

Patience.......WOOOOOSSAHHHHHHHH!!!


Ok, so am I the only one having trouble imagining that these little scraggly things will turn into beautiful sisterlocks. I know I know, you all are going to say be patient. I know that!!! :o) But I'm impatient daggomit. That's why I'm pretending to be Martin's character in Bad Boys II...WWWOOOOOSSSAAAHHHHHHH!!!! I've been a member of nappturality for years and loc'ers always say that if this journey doesn't teach you anything it will teach you patience. Well easier read than done...lol.

Ok on to more serious matters ;o). My hair is moving along quite nicely if I do say so myself. I've noticed a couple in the back starting to bud which makes me very excited. I've passed the two month mark and will be getting a retightening on my three month anniversary on the 21st of this month. Which incidentally is my birthday weekend...woop woop. I'm getting old ya'll, I'll be the ripe ole age of, drumroll please..........................34. Ok so I know that's not old but I just had to be a little dramatic, dag lighten up guys :oD. So the plan is to get my hair did and hit the streets doing something besides going to someone's club. Is that the only thing people know how to do nowdays?

Back to my hair, my routine is uber simple. I cover with my LockSock before bed, wake up shake and finger comb, and wash once a week. My bad case of itchies has subsided but I still am having issues with flakes. I'm definitely looking forward to the six month mark when I can start to put something on my scalp. I've promised myself that I would start with my wheatgrass smoothies, hair skin and nails supplement, and multivitamin again. I already drink plenty of water so I'm good on that front. As far as exercise, I'm slowly working my way into it. I took a class called 'Head to Toe' at my gym last week and wooohooo that joint had me massaging the outermost point of my butt cheek...lol. I definitely felt the burn all over my body so this class is a definite 'must do' on my road to health. My plan is to start doing Bikram Yoga this week, it's suppose to be very good for your health overall. For those that don't know Bikram Yoga is a style of yoga done in a room heated to 105 with 26 postures that are repeated twice over the course of an hour and a half. Sounds intense right? I tried it a couple of years ago and let me tell you I don't know if intense is a good enough word for it. Essentially my goal is an overall healthy lifestyle. So that's about it guys, I will keep you posted on all the haps in my world. Until the next time.....






8 comments:

  1. So,I'm not the only one that becomes a little skeptical that my tiny little locks will become full blown locks over time. I can't tell you how many times I have looked in the mirror and said "Really," or looked at others blogs and said "Seriously, mine will look kinda like that!" It's so hard to believe that when looking at my baby locks. I am also two months locked and can't wait until they take off. We'll hang in there and be patient together - like the ones before I us ;) By the way, your hair is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sereni,

    Even though you know better, I will still emphasis it - BE PATIENT lol.

    I am @ 5 months now, but trust me, after I do my 6 months retightening, I will def be posting comparison shots of my little *weenji* babies in the beginning and of my locks in their current state. Already, I have been getting feedback from bloggers, family and friends that my locks have filled out a lot. So trust me, take it in strides, and you will get there before you know it.

    In the mean time your locks continue to look awesome, and I def notice what you are talking about with the budding ones in the back. Also, Happy Birthday and 3 months when they come! I will be looking forward to hearing about your experiences on that day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking good and since you already know but I will remind you and me to be patient!! i am so ready myself to see the rest of my scrags bud, but in the meantime HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! you look so young to be 34

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I know I just need to be patient but it gets a little tough somtimes. Le sigh, I guess I don't have a choice though do I? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In your patience possess ye your soul. LOLOL
    You'll be okay! And you look VERY young.
    Happy Birthday :)
    2 weeks til the party!! ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your locs look gorgeous and they will be divine when they grow up!!! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! Your hair is so beautiful!! Go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete