Sunday, March 29, 2009

3 Month Retightening

So I had my 3month retightening last weekend and it went very well. It took about 3 1/2 hrs to complete. My consultant said it would have been less but it had been about 8 weeks since the front had been tightened. Everything is moving right along and my hair is doing great. I had one lock in the front that completely unraveled and some in the back with alot of slippage but everywhere else was perfect. I haven't noticed any earth shattering differences in my hair. The ones in the back are starting to open and expand a little but that's about it. I did speak with my consultant about combining the ones on the sides in the front because they are too small for my taste. She wants to wait to see how they do but I don't want to, I know that they are too small for me. So I'm going to talk to her before my next retightening and see how much it would cost to take them down and do them bigger.

When I discussed possibly combining some with my consultant she told me that the two would be combined at the based and then the weaker one cut eventually. I've thought about it and don't really want to do it that way. I figure if it's done that way then most of the lock will still be really small right? Only the base of the lock will be bigger if I'm thinking correctly. I'd prefer the entire lock be larger in size. I'm thinking if we do it now it will be alot easier since they are no where close to being mature. I realize that all of my babies will expand and will be larger than what they are now but those particular ones are not going to expand as much as I'd like. So why not just take care of it now.

I was talking to one of my coworkers about my hair and she was telling me that she thinks I'm being too picky. I've put the deposit down for the consultant's training class that's coming to Boston in August. (Yay me!!) She said that according to the laws of the universe that I'll get clients alot worse than myself. I didn't realize I was a difficult client. I thought that the relationship between the consultant and client is suppose to be an open one. In my opinion, any client should be able to share questions and concerns with their consultant. When I become a consultant I'd like my clients to feel that they can come to me with all questions and concerns. I don't feel that myself or any other client should just sit back with no say whatsoever in this process, but that's me. So I pose the question to those of you who keep up with my blog, do you think I'm being too picky?



6 comments:

  1. Yes...because I think that your hair is absolutely georgous...however with that being said I agree with you that you should be able to ask any questions about your hair that concerns you especially because you are spending your money and apart of your consultants job should be great customer service to accomodate you...but if you were really screwing your hair up between retightening then she would have a right to be upset because that would mean that you don't value her hard work but I don't see that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you 100% it's your hair & your money 2 me it only seems common sense that if you have a micro lock & after it swells it will still be a micrlock, my SLC has stated the same to me my front is micro around my bald spot but I dont like it they unravel more the the fuller ones, anywho knowing that you are a perfectionist such as my self then I know you will be a DAMN good consultant your work will be neat and meticulous my hats go off to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, very Nice! :)

    I'm in the middle of a "Re-Ti" myself. I have made a few mistakes, but I will keep going!

    Take Care~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your locks are looking gorgeous and the have grown, my word! Keep up the progress. Congrats on your first steps to taking the training class, yaay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUst dropping by to say your blog has inspired me and I wanted to pass on the Kreative blogger award to you. YOu write 7 things that you truly love and pass this award on to as many recipients as you like. Just wanted to let you know your blog is wonderful.

    Nat

    ReplyDelete