Monday, January 19, 2009

Week 3

Let's see what have I experienced so far. Well first there was just awe at how it all turned out. Halfway through the initial installation I was a little fearful of how it would look. But once my consultant was done I was estatic because 1) She was FINALLY done :) and 2) I had finally taken the plunge into a new journey with my natural hair. I had contemplated locks for at least half of my 6 years natural but was held back at first because I was in the army and next because I was still enjoying my loose natural hair.

The next step after awe was acceptance, you know that I had actually taken the step and had over 500 locks installed on this big ole head of mine. I kept looking at it everyday saying to myself "I can't believe I finally did it". It took the first two weeks for me to just settle into what I had just done. Now I don't want this to sound negative in anyway, because its not. Even though I had wanted to have locks for a while it just didn't seem real at first. Sometimes I want something so bad but something in the back of my mind messes with me and tells me that I won't follow through. Well my sisterlocks was one of the many things that I did to prove that little voice wrong.

Now I'm looking forward to celebrating the finish of month 1 in a couple of days. I know a month is not very long but I'm still celebrating it as if it were a year...lol. The last time I attempted to lock my hair I took a trunk full of pictures, I'm going to try to resist this time. I found that alot of them looked alike during those five months that I'd had them in. I'm sure at first I'll take alot but after awhile I'm sure I'll taper off. Hopefully, I'll have other interesting things besides my hair to blog about.

Here are a few pictures that I've taken over the past couple of weeks.



10 comments:

  1. I love how thick your hair is already! Imagine when it's fully matured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! What a full head of locs you have. I agree you are going to have some kind of mane in a year or two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your locks they look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to the family your locks are thick and gorgeous as well as your pre lock days, as for the blogging keep practicing and check your help desk and before long you will be a professional

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Gorgeous! I love your hair before and after Sisterlocks. Nice color too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your locks are beautiful girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your locks look lovely! The only thing that concerns me is how many inches of the ends that she left loose. I read that it's not suppose to be more than 1/2 an inch of loose ends and it seems to me like she left a whole lot. This isn't normal but I can only share based on my experiences and what happened as a result. If it doesn't bother you then by all means, keep rocking those locks! But if it does concern you, then I would seek a second opinion (preferably another consultant to inspect the work).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good gravy, you have like a million bajillion locks!! Love your hair, it's so thick and pretty!

    ReplyDelete